Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stitch2gether

An afternoon of new friends, snacks, shopping & knitting. Could it get any better than this? Yesterday, I hosted a knit2gether with some fantastic local ladies I've met online. The connection was immediate & I feel like I've known them forever. Deb and Ava are both on Ravelry and Jeannette hopefully will soon be there too. Deb was my partner-in-crime earlier this month at the Sheep & Wool Festival. Ava and I are in several of the same Ravelry groups. Jeannette, Ava & I also share a love of cross stitch. Everybody brought their most recent project as well as something for show-and-tell (Ava rocked with her knitted necklace). We actually spent more time going thru pattern stashes & chatting than working the projects but nobody was complaining. In fact, we ended the afternoon doing what knitters do best - I quick shopping trip across the street to In Stitches where everybody managed to find a little somethin'. Here's Deb and Ava working their projects (Jeannette was shy). Can't wait until next month!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Glad you had a lovely time. I always enjoy hearing about get togethers with blogging buddies.

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious! You got the camera-shy Ava in a photo, lol. Glad you all had fun.

cici said...

wow.... sounds like fun,.. Remember I'm not so far away from you either. Would love to knit together sometime.

Knitting Alchemist said...

I joined a sit and knit group in Edmonton a few months ago, and I'm really enjoying it. We meet every week at a StarBucks. People look at us funny sometimes, but we don't care. It's just sooo nice to be with our own kind. I'm sure you'll enjoy your's as much as I'm enjoying mine. Isn't Ravelry the greatest for bringing us all together?

Msgriffin said...

Just saw your blog and I to did all the Afro-Cross stitch I could find you go...