Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blue Sky Love

Hope everyone had a wonderful (& filling) Thanksgiving holiday.  I managed to bring home enough leftovers from daughter's house to ensure no cooking for quite a few days. 

This is my first year not venturing out for Black Friday.  I'm truly "ole school" - napping after dinner, rising at midnight, layering on the clothes to ensure warmth while standing in line waiting for the doors to open.  Unfortunately, this year's marketing (stores open all day Thanksgiving; sales starting a week early; non sale-worthy pricing) -  took all the anticipated fun out of it.  10 - 20% off doesn't even offset the cost of gas!  I was tempted by my LYS' early opening but I truly, truly, need to be on a yarn diet......... the stash is out of control. 

Speaking of stash, I'm doing very well on my quest to finish a decent amount of knitted gifts for Christmas.  My latest project completion is the Lovely Ribbed Cowl pattern from Purl Soho.

Made with Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino - it's as soft & cushy as it looks & the project only took 5 days to complete due to the ribbed simplicity.  This is my third project using this yarn & each time, I love it more & more.  When the yarn diet ends, this yarn will be at the top of my list. 
 
On to my next project - Slouchy Gauntlets - an extra long pair of fingerless mitts.  Suggested yarn is the same Suri Merino but I'm substituting using Rowan Felted Tweed.  Happy knitting!


0 comments: