Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Selfish Knitting Month

A few years ago, a blogger tagged January as selfish knitting month.  Although we knitters/crocheters  have something on the needles year round, most projects done in the last 3 or 4 months of every year are holiday gifts for our friends and loved ones.  What better way to celebrate all the hard work that produced heart-felt gifts than to start something special just for you?  Choosing my first selfish project of the month was tough  (there are 650 patterns in my Ravelry queue) but the winner - just for the luxury factor alone - is this Bécot hat by Julie Hoover.
It's a classic slouchy shape made with a luxurious yarn.  The suggested yarn is Jones and Vandermeer Happy Mink.  It's a guilt-free mink mixed with cashmere.   Last week my yarn came from Knit Purl Yarns.  They are my current favorite online site to satisfy my yarn snob tendencies (lol).  I went with the model color "Truffle".  My fingers can't move fast enough on this one. With the temperatures in single digits today, I'd like some instant gratification to wear when I have to go out tomorrow.  I'm off to cast on ............ 










0 comments: