Monday, March 23, 2009

My Yarn Adventure

I'm an equal-color-opportunity knitter. I love yarn in all colors of the rainbow. So when my friend, Deb, suggested that we take a yarn dyeing workshop - my first thought was "Why should I when I can just walk into a store & go crazy?" Thankfully, Deb persisted and we took Karida's (Neighborhood Fiber Co) workshop yesterday. What a blast....... We learned some awesome techniques & ended up with some great stash!









Thanks to Karida for the pic. My hats go off to all the fiber artists that hand dye. It's quite an endeavor & I'm pleased with my outcome. But in the scheme of things, thank goodness for folks like Karida and Diane (Creatively Dyed Yarns) whose yarn makes me ooh & aah. Keep doin' your thing ladies....... we love ya!

It's March already & I'm fixated on finishing my first sweater of the year for the "Sweater A Month" group on Ravelry. I just have the sleeves & finishing to do on "The Minimalist":




Also started a pair of socks for DD#2......I've been a busy bee this month.


See ya soon!!

4 comments:

Chelette said...

Awesome -- love the colors.. The sweater looks great --Did you start this after I saw you?? You are a fassssst Knitter.

Unknown said...

Love the colors you chose for your first dying exercise.

Knitting Alchemist said...

Oh, the pretty! Your hand painteds are lovely.

Teena in Toronto said...

Great colours!

Happy blogoversary!